Car / Motorcycle Insurance Claims Checklist
What to do
If you’ve been in an accident, exchange details with other drivers, anyone injured, witnesses and passengers.
Reporting to the police and to us immediately
Under the law and regulations in Hong Kong, all accidents shall be reported to Police within 24 hours.
Details to exchange are:
- Vehicle registration number
- HKID card number or other identification number (if possible)
- Phone number
- Insurance details
Note your exact location. If you can, take photos and video of the scene, including vehicles and damaged property before they are moved.
Documents needed to make a claim
- Completed claim form (for accident or windscreen only)
- Vehicle registration document
- Incident driver’s HKID card & driving licence
- Police case reference number and police statement
- Documents substantiate your claim (e.g. photographs, third party details including plate number and any injured person)
- Notice of Intended Prosecution (if any)
- Breath Screening Test Report (if applicable)
- Names and particulars of witnesses
Keep the original copies and either fax copies to (852) 2884 8833, email at Claim@DirectAsia.com.hk or post to DirectAsia, 1101, 11/F, Allied Kajima Building, 138 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai.