Motorcycle Insurance
Policy Documents

Customer Shaped Policy Wording

We build our T&Cs using real customer feedback so they are easier to understand

We want to make sure your motorcycle insurance policy is easily understood. So our managers review and regularly update the policy wording to remove any grey areas. If you have questions about anything in your motorcycle insurance policy, please give us a call so one of our insurance experts can help.

Policy documents & wording

Your Policy Documents give you complete information about your Motorcycle Insurance policy with DirectAsia.

Once you've completed payment, your confirmation email will include a secure link to download your policy documents to print and use as needed at your convenience. Within 10 working day, we also send out a welcome pack by mail, including all official documents for your policy.


You may need to submit this form when making a Motorcycle Insurance claim.

Accident Toolkit

These documents provide useful information about what to do in the event of a Motorcycle accident.


Motorcycle Insurance FAQs

The only other person covered to use your motorcycle must be named on the policy by the policyholder, must be between 20 and 65 years old, and have at least 2 years’ of driving experience.

The same cover enjoyed by the policyholder would be available to the named driver in the policy, if he or she reports loss or damage to the motorcycle.

A No Claim Discount is a discount that we offer you on your renewal premium if there are no claims on your policy during the current period of insurance. Click here for more details on NCD and who is eligible.

Click here for more information on No Claim Discount and who is eligible.

An excess is the amount that you must contribute towards the cost of a claim. The type of excess and the amount payable will be shown on the Schedule. If you make a claim, you will have to pay us any excess that applies.

The policyholder must be the registered owner of the vehicle – we are unable to insure you if you do not own the vehicle.

The main driver is the individual who uses the motorcycle most frequently – he or she must be aged between 20 and 65 years old, and possess no less than 2 years’ driving experience. That person would be the policyholder (i.e. the vehicle owner).

Named drivers are occasional drivers you specify by name under the policy. They must be between 20 and 65 and have a minimum of 2 years’ driving experience.

Authorised drivers are individuals who you allow to use your motorcycle. This policy covers only 1 main driver and up to 1 named driver. It does not provide cover for any unnamed drivers.

No, it is not necessary to select ‘Private and business use’ if you plan to make only a few business calls throughout the year. This is so long as you inform us when you plan to do so. You can make business calls up to five times per policy – at no additional cost.

For more details on usage, click here.

Yes, your policy is still valid even if you decide to have modifications applied to your motorcycle, so long as these modifications comply with the guidelines outlined by the Transport Department of the Hong Kong SAR.

Yes. Simply inform your motorcycle dealer that you intend to obtain your motorcycle insurance from DirectAsia.

Numerous factors are taken into consideration when calculating your premium, including driver profile which encompasses your age, No Claim Discount, driving experience, and the number of individuals named on your insurance policy. Additionally we look at your motorcycle's age, make and model.

Your premium will also increase if you select any optional benefits.

There is no NCD protector in our motorcycle insurance. Your NCD will be deducted according to below table:

Your current No Claim Discount If you make 1 or more at-fault claim
30% 0%
20% 0%
10% 0%
0% 0%

Yes, at no extra cost you can pay your premium in monthly installments with your credit card.

You will only be insured for riding your motorcycle in Hong Kong SAR.

Below is a checklist of requirements for our motorcycle cover:
  • The policyholder must also be the registered owner of the motorcycle. If this is not the case, we cannot provide insurance.
  • The person who uses the motorcycle most is the ‘main driver’, and he or she must be between 20 and 65 years old, and have no less than 2 years’ driving experience.
  • You are permitted to add one named driver to your policy, but they must also be between 20 and 65 years old, and have a minimum of 2 years’ driving experience.
The majority of insurers have no limit as regards the number of drivers covered to use a vehicle. In such a case, if only one named driver and yourself uses a vehicle, you are paying for other customers who get cover for 2 or more drivers.

With you only pay for the cover you need.

In order to keep your premium down, we must exclude some drivers.

We are unable to cover you if: 
  • Within the last 3 years you have been declined a policy renewal, or have had your insurance policy terminated.
  • Within the last 5 years you have had your licence either suspended or cancelled.
  • You carry out delivery services with your motorcycle, either on a full or part time basis.
There are particular professions that we do not insure:
  • Personnel in overseas armed forces
  • Professionals who work in the entertainment industry
  • Professional sportsmen/sportswomen
  • Foreign diplomats and foreign diplomatic staff
  1. Private use: You only intend to use your motorcycle in your private life and for leisure.
  2. Private use and commuting to work: You plan to use your motorcycle for private and leisure activities, and also to get to and from your work place.
  3. Private and business use: You use your motorcycle for private and leisure activities, and also in the course of your work.
To get more information on usage , click here.

You may select whichever workshop you wish.

The following documents must be submitted in order to substantiate your claim. They can be sent by fax on (852) 2884 8833 , by email on, or by mail to: DirectAsia, 1101, 11/F, Allied Kajima Building, 138 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai

Please provide us with:
  • The accident report
  • The police report – the section below on Reporting to Police provides guidance on this.
  • Any medical and specialist reports – obtain a medical report from the doctor if someone has been injured.
  • Additional bills and invoices detailing expenses (towing or medical fees, for example).
  • Supporting documents for your claim (photographs or medical certificates, for example)
  • Names and contact details of witnesses

If the cost of repairing your vehicle is more than the current market value, we may decide to settle the claim as a constructive total loss.

However, if you still want your vehicle repaired despite the cost being higher than the market value, this is still possible. Be aware though, that will only reimburse up to the market value of the motorcycle, minus the sum of any excesses that are due.

DO NOT attempt to start your engine in flood water as this may cause serious damage to your engine.

If someone has been injured in the accident, if there has been a hit and run, or if a government vehicle or property, or pedestrian or cyclist is involved – you must call the police.

It is important to call the police straight away so they can get the investigation underway, and if possible locate the motorcycle. You must obtain a police report of the crime before calling us to make your claim, on 2884 8899.

If you are on or near a burning motorcycle, move as far away from it as possible. Once you are safe, call 999 and ask for the fire brigade. Ensure you get the details of the officer who attends to the fire, along with a copy of the fire report.

If your motorcycle has suffered damage in an arson attack, you must report it to the police so they can investigate the crime and find those responsible. Once you have a copy of the police report, you can make your claim with us on 2884 8899.

As a valued customer of, you can use your motorcycle outside of your declared usage up to 5 times a year by calling us on 2884 8899 or send us an email informing us of your upcoming usage at

If you exceptionally use your motorcycle outside of your declared usage and you forget to inform us beforehand, an additional excess of HK$10,000 would apply if you are involved in an accident during this usage.

If you have misdeclared your usage at the quotation stage, i.e. you are using your motorcycle frequently during the course of your work but only took private usage, or if you drive frequently to your work place but took only private usage, we reserve the right to reduce or reject your claim altogether.

If you have come to an amicable arrangement with the other driver or drivers, there is normally no need to make a claim. However, you must still let us know about what has happened. Your No Claim Discount will NOT be affected. Fill out and send us a Private Settlement form when you report the incident.

The fees for cancellation are currently the following;
  • Car insurance: HKD 350
  • Motorcycle insurance: HKD350
  • Travel insurance per trip: HKD 100
  • Travel insurance annual: HKD 100
  • Health insurance: HKD 350
Have questions?  Speak with us directly at (852) 2884 8888 or provide your details and we’ll call you back on the next working day.